You may have never considered switching to a natural laundry detergent before, but it’s a surprisingly simple switch with many benefits. Conventional laundry detergents are full of chemicals like sulfates, fragrances, and more – which can be harmful to your health. After learning how quick, easy, and inexpensive it can be, making your own natural laundry detergent seems like a no brainer! You should be able to find each of the ingredients at your local grocery store.
What You’ll Need
– 1 cup Borax
– 1 cup Washing Soda (Arm & Hammer brand is fine)
– 1 Bar Soap (Natural, unscented)
– Essential Oil (We used lavender)
1. Grate entire bar of soap or mix in food processor until finely ground. This helps it dissolve easily.
2. In a large bowl, carefully mix entire bar of grated soap, 1 cup of washing soda, and 1 cup of Borax.
3. Add about 20 drops of essential oils and stir. We love lavender, but you can feel free to try lemon, or even go without!
4. Store in a closed container. Use 2 tablespoons to 1/4 cup per laundry load.